VLC APK v3.5.0 Beta 5
VLC media player is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player that plays most multimedia files as well as discs, devices, and network streaming protocols.
|Version||3.5.0 Beta 5|
Varies with device
VLC media player is an open-source, cross-platform free player that can play most multimedia files, disks, and devices as well as network streaming protocols.
This is the Android(tm), port of VLC media player. VLC for Android supports all video and audio files as well as network streams and drives. It can also play DVD ISOs and network shares, just like VLC desktop.
VLC for Android can be used as an audio player, with a complete database and an equalizer. It also has filters that allow you to play all kinds of audio formats.
VLC is open to all, it is free, there are no ads, in-app purchases or spying and was developed by passionate volunteers. The source code can be downloaded for free.
VLC for Android(tm), which plays most local audio and video files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs and desktop versions of VLC. It supports disk sharing.
All formats are supported including MP4, MOV, Ogg and FLAC. No separate downloads required for all codecs. It supports subtitles, Teletext and Closed Captions.
VLC for Android offers a media library that can store audio and video files, and allows you to browse folders.
VLC supports multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation and aspect-ratio adjustments. You can also use gestures to control volume and brightness.
It also contains a widget to control audio, which supports audio headsets control, cover artwork, and a complete library of audio media.
Access to these categories is required by VLC for Android
* Click “Photos/Media/Files” for all your media files:
* To access all media files stored on SD cards, click “Storage”.
* “Other” for network connections, volume changes, setting the ringtone and running on Android TV; see below.
Permission Details :
* To read media files stored on your USB storage, it must “read the contents” of your USB storage.
* To delete files or store subtitles, it will need to “modify” or delete your USB storage.
* To open internet and network streams, it must have “full network acces”.
* To prevent your phone from falling asleep while watching a video, you will need to set it up as “prevent phone sleeping”.
* To change the volume, you will need to “change your audio settings”.
* To change your audio ringtone, you will need to “modify system settings”.
* To monitor if a device has been connected, it needs to “view network connections”.
* To start the custom picture in-picture widget, it must “draw over other applications”.
* The controls must be vibrated to provide feedback.
* The Android TV Launcher screen must be “run at startup” in order to display recommendations. This is only for Android TV devices.
* Voice search is only possible on Android TVs with a “microphone”.
* Use the new file permission
* Correct the sub-titles that are not working on certain Android 12 devices
* Reset the grid/list button state
* Fix media loading when opening the app
* Crash fixes